Company: Canon Virginia Inc
Location: Newport News
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Sets up and operates machine tools and fits and assembles parts
to make or repair metal parts, mechanisms, tools, or machines,
applying knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, metal
properties, and layout and machining procedures. Responsibilities -
Assembles, repairs and fabricates metal parts by operating
- Assembles parts into sub-units or complete units. with engineers,
designers and / or programmers and studies specifications, such as
blueprint, sketch, damaged part, or description of part to be
replaced, to determine dimensions and tolerances of piece to be
machined, sequence of operations, and tools, materials, and
- Measures, marks and scribes dimensions and reference points to
lay out stock for machining. Assists in determining dimensions and
- Provides instruction and guidance to Machinist A's.
- Program CNC milling machines using various software
- Sets up and operates metal-removing machines, such as lathe,
milling machine or grinder, to machine parts to specifications.
- Uses precision measuring instruments to adhere to specifications,
dimensions and alignment (e.g., micrometers, calipers, gauges).
- May operate various types of precision machine tools such as
computerized milling machines, cylindrical grinders, surface
grinders and EDM machine, WEDM.
- Confers with appropriate personnel relating to machining
requirements, design changes and/or equipment changes.
- Uses familiar knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices and
procedures in regards to machine shop operation and equipment.
Qualifications PLEASE NOTE: We comply with all applicable federal,
state and local laws, regulations, orders and mandates, including
those we may be required to follow as a federal government
contractor/subcontractor. We are required under federal law to
invite you to voluntarily self-identify in various categories.
Relevant forms will be included at several steps in the recruitment
process. - Associate's degree, apprenticeship program, or two year
technical or trade school degree preferred; or equivalent
combination of education and experience and 4-8 years relevant shop
- Must be able to operate multiple pieces of equipment.
- Experience with CNC desired.
- May train other machinists on the operation of machines and in
- May estimate process time on work orders and coordinate large
- May assemble prototypes, fixtures, or subassemblies.
- May be assigned additional duties and/or special projects.
Company Overview About our Company - Canon Virginia, Inc. located
in Newport News, Virginia is a global manufacturer for Canon's
office and consumer products. Our innovative and efficient
production methods along with our environmental commitment make us
a leading global manufacturer. Since opening our doors in 1985,
Canon Virginia has provided world class manufacturing services. It
is the policy of Canon Virginia, Inc. (CVI) to provide equal
employment opportunities without regard to race, creed, color, age,
sex, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status,
national origin, or physical/mental disability except where there
is a bona fide occupational qualification. This policy relates to
all phases of recruitment, employment, compensation, benefits
administration and participation in company sponsored employee
activities. This includes hiring, promotions, demotions, transfers,
layoffs, recall, training and terminations. Employment practices
will conform to all federal, state and local laws on
Keywords: Canon Virginia Inc, Newport News , Machinist B, Other , Newport News, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!