Armed Security Officer - Full Time
Company: Inter-Con Security
Location: Newport News
Posted on: June 19, 2022
Company Overview Founded in 1973, Inter-Con Security Systems,
Inc. is a leading US-owned security company, providing integrated
security solutions to government and commercial customers on four
continents. - Inter-Con remains under family ownership and control
and operates as the -industry leader in the field of customized,
high-requirement security -solutions. -Inter-Con employs over
25,000 security officer personnel -world-wide, -trained and managed
by a team of professionals with -unsurpassed military, law
enforcement, and security experience. - -Inter-Con is -Everywhere
-Security -Matters. - Why Work at Inter-Con? Passion: Inter-Con is
a thriving company that is passionate about its products and
people. Joining the Inter-Con family is an opportunity for growth
and career advancement in an environment that truly cares for its
employees. By joining the Inter-Con family, you're working with the
best to build a safer future. People: Inter-Con is more than a
company, it's an alumni base. We believe in positioning the right
people in the right place to help them achieve their long-term
aspirations for career growth. We have transitioned thousands of
security officers into successful careers in law enforcement,
government services, foreign affairs and many more. Your career
success drives our success. Benefits: Inter-Con offers excellent
full-time and part-time benefits that include flexible scheduling
to accommodate lifestyle commitments, vacation, sick leave,
medical, dental, sponsorship for Top Secret Clearance,
comprehensive training, discounts on higher education and much
more. Partner with us to begin a journey that begins with a
commitment and leads to a career of a lifetime. Stand out. Be
proud. Be Inter-Con! Employment Opportunity At Inter-Con we take
pride in providing customized security solutions for our clients.
To us, that means the right officer in the right place and at the
right time. -In many cases our clients desire a -softer security
plan that meets their values and needs, but where high value people
and assets are involved, others may prefer a more obvious security
presence. As an Armed Security Officer, you will be part of a
highly trained security team that supports critical facilities and
infrastructure, public venues that required an enhanced presence
and personal protective services. You'll be trained by our team of
highly qualified firearms instructors in safe weapons handling and
marksmanship. As an Armed Security Officer, you are an integral
part of the broad spectrum of specialized security services
Inter-Con provides its clients every day. Specific benefits
- Competitive pay starting at $17.01 -an hour for the full-time
- Recognition and Reward Programs.
- Training and Career Development.
- Opportunities for Medical, dental, Holidays, vacation and sick,
and 401 (k) retirement plan.
- Uniform and equipment provided
- Additional benefits vary depending on position. Specific
- Be a Citizen of the United States.
- Possess a valid U.S. Driver's License
- Be a minimum of 21 years of age or older.
- Possess a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Have an honorable discharge if a veteran of the US Armed
- Fluent in both the written and spoken English language.
- Must possess a valid armed (DCJS) security officer license in
the state of Virginia. Duties and Responsibilities
- Access Control
- Processing visitors for entry into a facility
- Conducting inspections and screenings
- Patrol and responding to calls
- Directing traffic
- Monitoring and operating security and safety systems
- Reporting incidents and writing reports of the incidents Work
Environment and Schedule
- Job operates in client sites which could be indoors or
- Position requires prolonged standing and walking, in the
performance of daily security activities.
- Open availability Nights, Weekends, Holidays and overtime as
directed -(overtime occurs).
- Work various shifts and Holidays as assigned. Veterans
Inter-Con is passionate about hiring veterans. In fact, we've hired
thousands of veterans over the years and plan to keep hiring as
many as we can. If you are veteran in search of a rewarding career
among a team that holds an affinity for those who served as well as
values your success and growth within our organization, please take
a moment to review our website for all our extensive opportunities.
Visit , and drink water. Inter-Con Security Systems, Inc. is an
affirmative action employer who provides equal employment
opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled
individuals, as well as other protected groups.
Keywords: Inter-Con Security, Newport News , Armed Security Officer - Full Time, Other , Newport News, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!