Power System Engineer
Location: Newport News
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Researches, develops, designs, and tests electrical components,
equipment, systems, and networks. Designs electrical equipment,
facilities, components, products, and systems for commercial,
industrial, and domestic purposes.This position requires
- Frequent interaction with government representatives, naval
personnel, and various engineering and technical experts.
- Design, implement and improve electrical equipment, facilities,
components, and systems on naval vessels. This includes switchgear,
transformers, and power distribution from 15 KV down.
- Review and recommend designs and specifications in support of
current and future projects.
- Ability to develop and maintain standards and specifications
for electrical equipment.
- Ability to develop solutions to equipment performance issues as
the cognizant engineer.
- Ability to troubleshoot software/hardware issues
- Experience with design/operations of electrical transmission,
distribution, or generation
- Experience with programming power relays, PLCs, power systems,
- Ability to read, analyze and design electrical schematics
- Strong writing skills with the ability to write technical
documents clearly, accurately, and with technical rigor
- Experience writing white papers and industry publications
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently with a strong sense of
- Shipboard experience in operation and maintenance of Navy
- Demonstrated the ability to come up to speed quickly on a new
project and balance multiple tasks
- Strong technical experience with coordinating electrical
engineering and design activities.Basic Qualifications9 Years with
Bachelors in Science; 7 Years with Masters; 4 Years with PhD.-
Newport News Shipbuilding requires a Bachelor's Degree in
engineering from an ABET accredited program.Preferred
- Travel Required: Yes, 10%-25% of the time
- Shift: 1st
- Relocation: Relocation assistance will be available
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Virtual/Telework Opportunity: Yes - Occasional or hybrid
- US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
- Clearance Type: No - Clearance Not Required to StartWho We Are
- About HII EEO Statement:HII is an Equal Opportunity/Vets and
Disabled Employer. U.S. Citizenship may be required for certain
Keywords: HII, Newport News , Power System Engineer, Other , Newport News, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!