Company: Williamsburg Landing
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Description:Williamsburg Landing, a CARF-accredited Life Plan
Community, seeks Part-Time (less than 30 hours/week) Transportation
Drivers to transport residents. The successful candidate must
possess a sincere passion to work with seniors; experience in the
senior living industry is preferred.
Part-Time employees are eligible for the following benefits:
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Corporate Wellness Program
- Health Club & Spa Membership
- Employee Assistance ProgramJOB SUMMARYThe Driver, under the
direction and guidance of the Transportation Supervisor, transports
residents to various events and appointments both on and off
campus. The Driver may also transport staff on site or, in the
event of an emergency or unforeseen circumstance, off campus. The
Driver operates automobiles, and small and large passenger buses.
An ancillary responsibility is to set up and take down room
arrangements for various events. The Driver presents a positive
image of Williamsburg Landing and maintains caring and effective
relationships with residents and staff.
All work is performed within a resident-centered framework. All
work is performed collaboratively with and in support of other
services offered by Williamsburg Landing. Work is performed safely,
effectively, to high ethical standards, and in accordance with
Williamsburg Landing's mission and values.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Takes calls from residents or staff either on their own or a
resident(s) behalf to schedule a ride.
- Performs pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections and reports
any mechanical or electrical failure to the Transportation
Coordinator. Using own judgment, determines if assigned vehicle is
safe to drive.
- Picks up residents or staff at the appointed time and place.
Escorts residents to the vehicle. Helps resident with packages,
walkers, wheelchairs or other impediments to easy entry into the
- Ensures resident, and wheelchair if in use, are safely secured
with seat belt or locking mechanisms before beginning the
- Follows all road safety rules. Reports any accident immediately
to the Transportation Coordinator. Follows Williamsburg Landing
procedures for obtaining emergency roadside assistance.
- Completes passenger logs and turns them in to the
- Resolves complaints regarding vehicle cleanliness, comfort,
- Makes meal deliveries to shut-in residents.
- Obtains room set up requirements for the day and following
morning and sets up the room per the noted arrangements. May assist
the Activities Coordinator with room decoration.
- Manages the various sound and video projection systems as
- Complies with all Williamsburg Landing policies including those
regarding dress, attendance, and conduct.
- Evaluates work processes and methods and submits
recommendations for continuous quality improvement.
- Attends scheduled training programs for professional
development that includes, at a minimum, trainings required by
Williamsburg Landing and by regulatory and accrediting bodies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.QUALIFICATIONSMust possess
current driving license from the Commonwealth of Virginia and have
a good driving record. Required to have a Commercial Driver's
License with a class A, B or C with passenger endorsement. Must
have a DOT physical or receive one within 30 days of hire.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIESMust speak, read, and write
English. Must be able to safely and regularly lift up to 45 pounds.
Must be able to safely and carefully move furniture. Must be able
to exercise sound judgment in the event of an emergency. Knowledge
of the roads in the Williamsburg and Hampton Roads area is
Williamsburg Landing is a non-profit, independent community
offering a vibrant lifestyle for residents.
Apply online at Williamsburglanding.org.
EOE/Tobacco Free/Drug Free
Keywords: Williamsburg Landing, Newport News , Driver, Other , Williamsburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!