Company: Venture Dynamics
Location: Newport News
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Venture Dynamics is actively seeking Shipfitters. This position
will perform shipfitting duties in all stages of repair and
modernization of US Naval Vessels.Responsibilities to include
tacking and fitting of bulkheads, railings, foundations, deck
plating and other structural members.Assembles, cuts and grinds
metal structural parts to include plates, bulkheads, strong backs,
turnbuckles, come-alongs.Aligns parts in relation to each
other.Ability to lay out work from written and verbal instructions.
Employ appropriate trade methods to ensure watertight intergrity on
hulls of metal ships.Performs layout work according to blueprints
or reference lines. Marks location of holes to be drilled, drives
wedges and installs temporary fasteners to hold parts in place for
welding or riveting.May perform pre-fabrication work inside shop.
Performs related tasks as assigned, some of which may become
essential to the position.
- Minimum 5+ years' experience in a shipyard environment
- Must understand the layout of a ship with compartment
- Must be able to read blueprints and perform layouts
- Must pass written and hands-on weld tack test:
- Tack Test includes: T1 test on Carbon, Stainless and
- Demonstrate ability to burn with a torch
- Each test includes 2G, 3G and 4G positions
- Written/Blueprint exam
- Basic reading, writing and math skills.
- Previous experience in metal works is an asset.
- Candidates may be required to travel to different sites or
- Must be able to use hand tools and power tools safely and
- Must be flexible to working all shifts (1st, 2nd, 3rd)
- Must have basic shipfitting tools.
- Must have own transportation
- Must be US Citizen
- Must pass drug and background screening and be eligible to
obtain a DBIDS Badge
Keywords: Venture Dynamics, Newport News , Shipfitter, Other , Newport News, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!