Registered Medication Aide- PRN
Company: Hope, Unity, Freedom Center, Inc.
Location: Newport News
Posted on: January 17, 2023
Company OverviewThe Hope Unity and Freedom Center is a diverse
team of professionals providing psychosocial day support to male
and female adults with a primary mental health diagnosis, dual
diagnosis, and/or a coexisting disorder. -Our work helps to
decrease psychiatric hospitalization and provide stabilization of
individuals with less intervention in the community. By providing
daily routine and structure in a safe environment, each individual
is able to achieve their best and improve their quality of
life.Position SummaryAs a Medication Technician with the Hope,
Unity and Freedom (H.U.F.) Center, you are provided the opportunity
to make a difference in the daily functioning of adults in need. -
Med Techs are responsible for completing progress notes,
administering medications to clients under the overview of Program
Nurses, and ensure all safety measures are always being adhered to,
amongst other duties. - Med Techs are the primary support system
for those in their care while at the H.U.F. Center, improving the
lives of those around them daily. - We are currently seeking Part
Time positions.Role Qualifications:
- At minimum, must possess a medication administration
certification approved by the Virginia Board of Nursing.
- Must have at least 1 year of documented experience working with
mental health needs.
- Must be able to complete and pass: a CPR/First Aid
certification; Handle with Care physical intervention training;
annual tuberculosis (TB) screening test; and clear a criminal
background and central registry check.
- Must have a valid Virginia Drivers License.
- Strong and assertive personality.
- Excellent verbal and written communication; required to
complete documentation.Position Responsibilities
- Responsible for completing all pertinent clinical
- Co-facilitate psychosocial activities and therapeutic
- Responsible for ensuring all safety measures are always adhered
to and followed.
- Monitor clients at all times throughout the premises.
- Provide direct care services specific to ADLs/IADLs with
- Participate in weekly team meetings.
- Transport clients to activities in the community after
successfully completing vehicle training.
- Other duties as assigned by Program Manager and/or Program
Nurse.FLSA status: Non-exemptReports to: Program Nurse and Program
Manager - - - - - - -Supervises: N/A -Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Hope, Unity, Freedom Center, Inc., Newport News , Registered Medication Aide- PRN, Other , Newport News, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!