Threat Force Commander/Maneuver Subject Matter Expert
Company: Threat Tec, LLC
Location: Newport News
Posted on: September 18, 2023
If you are unable to complete this application due to a
disability, contact this employer to ask for an accommodation or an
alternative application process. Full Time Fort Benning, GA, US 30+
days ago Requisition ID: 1310 Join the Cutting-Edge World of Threat
Emulation and Wargaming! Are you ready to be part of an innovative
and collaborative team at Threat Tec, LLC, the industry leader in
Operational Environment (OE) replication and Threat
Emulation/Wargaming solutions? We thrive on shared ideas and mutual
support, fueling our growth and driving our exceptional
performance. As a Subject Matter Expert in the Threat Emulation
Force (TEFOR), you will play a pivotal role in supporting Army
Futures Command (AFC) by providing expertise in critical areas such
as Cyber, Maneuver, Fires, Aviation, Mission Command, Special
Operations, and more. Join us in supporting live and virtual
wargames, studies, and experiments by analyzing future threats and
accurately emulating their actions. Through your contributions, you
will directly influence the development of concepts and future
force capability requirements for the Army.
At Threat Tec, your work will be instrumental within AFC's
Directorate of Intelligence and Security, Future OE Division
(FOED), where we study, design, coordinate, and apply the Future
Operational Environment (FOE) and emerging threats. Together, we
drive Joint and Army concept and capability development,
experimentation, requirements determination, and operational test
and evaluation (OT&E). Your role will ensure the continuity of
the FOE and threat narrative, relying on validated threat forecasts
from the DOD IC. Primary Responsibilities:
- Analyze emerging and future threat tactics, doctrine, and
- Emulate threat actions during live and virtual wargames,
studies, and experiments to shape concept development.
- Validate threat representation in modeling and simulation
activities, aligning with current and future threat
- Attend essential Maneuver CDID Battle Lab planning and
- Create and maintain operational schedules and products.
- Input analysis results into simulation software and/or live
- Present results to Army Senior Leaders.
- Lead other SMEs as needed. Minimum Requirements:
- Former Maneuver (Armor or Infantry) field grade officer with
15+ years of experience (preferred rank: former O-5 or O-6).
- Bachelor's degree required; preference for Master's degree and
MEL 4 equivalent, SAMS graduate, or LNO experience.
- 8+ years of relevant experience with similar duties as outlined
in this announcement.
- In-depth understanding of functional capabilities and their
portrayal in M&S, virtual, and live environments.
- 2+ years of experience using various Exercise/Experiment
simulations and tools.
- Ability to support table-top, map-based wargaming,
simulation-based experimentation, and warfighting assessments in
- Proficiency in planning, integrating, and conducting staff
action procedures for concept and/or capability development
- Computer literacy for online research and desktop office
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision,
leveraging professional experience and skills.
- TS/SCI clearance required.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Ability to travel within CONUS via commercial ground/air
- Approximately 40% travel. Desired Qualifications:
- Experience working with FCC, JS J7, DoD elements, Maneuver CDID
- Joint/Interagency/Intergovernmental/Multinational (JIIM)
Exercise/Experiment Planning Experience or Joint/Service Test and
- CGSC or MEL 4 equivalent graduate.
- Senior Service College and/or SAMS graduate.
- Master's degree or higher. Nothing in this job description
restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and
responsibilities to this job at any time. This description reflects
management's assignment of essential functions; it does not
proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. This job
description is subject to change at any time. - Threat Tec, LLC is
an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers
(EEO/AA). All employment and hiring decisions are based on
qualifications, merit, and business needs without regard to race,
religion, color, sexual orientation, nationality, gender, ethnic
origin, disability, age, sex, gender identity, veteran status,
marital status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable
law. - If you are a qualified individual with a disability and/or a
disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you
are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or
apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You
can request assistance by contacting -HR@threattec.com -or calling
Keywords: Threat Tec, LLC, Newport News , Threat Force Commander/Maneuver Subject Matter Expert, Other , Newport News, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!