Company: BayPort Credit Union
Location: Newport News
Posted on: November 14, 2023
The primary purpose of this position is to provide excellent
member service to current and potential Credit Union members. This
is accomplished by notifying current and potential credit union
members of mortgage product details and evaluating each members'
situation to suggest which mortgage product would most accurately
meet their needs. Other duties include assisting members with
filling out the mortgage application; reviewing applications for
completeness, ensuring that all necessary documents are provided
with the application, and sending out initial disclosures. The
Mortgage Originator is also responsible for maintaining a loan
application database, coordinating with Private Mortgage Insurance
companies when applicable, and performing other duties as
- Communicating with current and potential members in person,
over the telephone and via electronic devices to discuss mortgage
products offered and evaluating each individual situation to
suggest the most accurate product, term, or rate to meet their
- Prospecting new mortgage lending opportunities.
- Ensuring exceptional member experience by overseeing the loan
process from origination to close and providing on-going
communication to members and business partners, to include, meeting
with members as necessary during various stages of the loan
- Achieving production goals established by BayPort Credit
- Creating relationships with real estate agents, homebuilders,
CPA's, as well as, other sources associated with residential real
estate in order to facilitate referral partners.
- Development business referral network through marketing,
prospecting and networking activities.
- Reviewing applications for completeness and ensuring that all
necessary documents are provided with the application to include
but not limited to: income verification, hazard policy, verifiable
assets, deeds, and other necessary documents; inputting the loan
application onto the mortgage system and locking in interest rates
- Ensuring the loan application meets the Credit Union and
investor policies and are within secondary mortgage compliance
- Reviewing credit reports.
- Conducting face-to-face interviews of applicants.
- Sending out initial disclosures to ensure compliance with TRID
- Working with co-workers to obtain the necessary information to
respond to members' inquiries, and notifying co-workers and
supervisors on any alerts or issues to be aware.
- Providing support assistance to the Mortgage Processors if the
application volume is high or down time is persistent.
- Cross-selling other Credit Union products and services.
- Education equivalent to a four-year high school education plus
some additional post-secondary technical course work.
- 2 - 4 years of residential mortgage or related experience.
- Strong customer service skills to include telephone skills,
well organized and attentive to detail.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office programs
such as Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Ability to maintain current knowledge ofindustry and
organizationalchanges, processes, and procedures.
This job description is not an all-inclusive list of the
responsibilities, skills, working conditions or essential functions
of this job. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove
essential functions as business needs warrant.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a
drug-free workplace and reserve the right to perform pre-employment
substance abuse testing.
Keywords: BayPort Credit Union, Newport News , Mortgage Originator, Other , Newport News, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!