Posted on: November 18, 2021
A reputable heavy civil construction company is seeking a
motivated Estimator with experience to add to their always growing
team. The Estimator interfaces with clients and their
representatives to ensure that technical specifications and designs
are feasible and consistent with industry standards.Essential
Functions of the Position:
- Estimators are responsible for developing accurate and complete
- The Estimator identifies project labor, material, and time
requirements by studying proposals, blueprints, written
specifications and related documents.
- Conducts site visits and attend pre-bid meetings to understand
the project scope.
- Conducts review and take-off of blueprints.
- Solicits bids from subcontractors.
- Gathers subcontractor pricing and conducts scope review.
- Evaluate subcontractor bids to bid documents and plans to
ensure that the full scope of work was considered.
- Calculates costs of subcontract labor, general conditions, and
- Collaborates with the client to help them achieve their project
cost budget through consideration of plan details, alternate
material/finishes and building methods.Qualifications
- Minimum of 5 years of experience estimating
- DOT, bridge, and/or heavy highway construction experience
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management or equivalent
combination of education/experience
- Experience in Conceptual, Schematic Design, Design Development,
and Construction document budgets and estimates
- Estimating software knowledge preferred to include HCSS Heavy
BidPlease contact me today for more information about the position!
Angella.Jensen@gogpac.com or 605.799.8783.**Concrete Companies: If
your team needs any position(s) filled we can also assist in
presenting qualified talent. Reach out for a consultation today.All
qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to
race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national
origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital
status, military status, genetic information, or any other status
protected by applicable laws or regulations.GPAC (Growing People
and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in
placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the
United States for the past 31 years. We are extremely competitive,
client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to
deliver the right solutions at the right time.
Keywords: GPAC, Newport News , Estimator, Professions , Williamsburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!