Seasonal Product Handler
Company: C & F Enterprises Inc
Location: Newport News
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Job DescriptionC&F Enterprises is proud to say we are
growing! Due to our recent expansion, we are looking for qualified
applicants for full-time positions!Anticipated Length of Work:
Early June to AugustJob PurposeThe Product Handler is responsible
for loading, unloading, picking, pulling customer orders;
accountable for the safe work practices; knowledge and use of
inventory tracking system; promote and implement the company's core
values and excellence in customer service; responsible for
maintaining strong relationships with internal customers.Duties and
- Perform picking duties in an efficient manner that meets
customer service standards.
- Package materials in a manner to eliminate damages during
- Ensure inbound and outbound shipments are accurate.
- Label order number, weight and dimensions.
- Knowledge of shipping practices and pricing.
- Efficiently move product from staging and/or storage areas into
- Maintain the company's equipment and materials in a neat,
clean, and orderly fashion.
- Operate scan gun and maintain inventory counts.
- Supports maintaining a safe working environment and focuses on
safe work habits.
- Maintains a focus for self and team on continuous learning that
will enhance skill sets and growth opportunities.
- Demonstrates a commitment to C&F Enterprises, Inc. core
- The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to
be construed as all encompassing.
- Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be
required and/or assigned as necessary.Skills
- Exceptional customer service capabilities.
- Excellent sense and focus on safety.
- Possess analytical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Impeccable time-management, organizational and attention to
- Positive Energy Level
- Customer Service
- Organizational Skills
- Team Player
- Computer skills desired for operating warehouse management
- 1-2 years of warehouse experience, preferred
- Must have the ability to meet warehouse deadlinesPhysical
- Sitting, Standing, Walking
- Lifting: Raising or lowering an object from one level to
another (includes upward pulling)
- Ability to use and operate warehouse scanners for inventory
tracking and processing orders
- Good eye-hand coordination and sense of balance
- Exposure to varied temperatures within warehouse
- Work inside and outside; work around machinery with moving
parts and vehicles
- Carrying, pushing, pulling boxes and items; up to 75 lbs, at
times.The successful candidate must be able to pass a
pre-employment background check and drug screening.
Keywords: C & F Enterprises Inc, Newport News , Seasonal Product Handler, Professions , Newport News, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!