Company: Ball Corporation
Posted on: June 18, 2022
Do you want to work for a world-leading manufacturer who strives
to build a better future through sustainability and innovation? Are
you looking for a new challenge in a stable, fast-growing
Join us, and build your career by helping us build the future.
We are a global leader in sustainable products with more than
21,000 team members worldwide. From infinitely recyclable aluminum
cans, cups, and aerosol bottles, to aerospace solutions that enable
our customers to have a deeper understanding of our planet and the
universe. We produce all these incredible things with one unique
purpose: crafting a better community, a better society, a better
Moreover, each of us has a deep commitment to diversity and
inclusion which is the foundation of our culture of belonging. And
everyone at Ball is an everyday champion, making a difference by
doing what we love.
We lead with our heads and our hearts and combine innovative
thinking with a spirit of resiliency that keeps us moving forward
in a relentless pursuit of new ways to make life, and the world,
better. Whether we're developing packaging that's infinitely
recyclable or aerospace innovations. Because what we create may
change, but what we will always make is a difference.
Primary purpose of the position:
Performs tasks and provides services to support the plant's
production goals, overall business plans and objectives as
Essential Responsible Areas:
* Complies with established job safety practices, policies and
procedures as specified in plant and corporate directives for the
safe performance of the work assignment.
* Supports and follows the guidelines of the food safety
* Operates forklift during routine performance of duties.
* Unloads, receives, inspects, and stages raw materials, scrap,
packaging materials, chemicals, and other supplies.
* Removes finished products from the production areas ensuring
proper identification, banding, and labeling to meet customer
* Responsible for replenishing supplies in assigned areas.
* Reviews warehouse production planning schedule to determine
duties for shipping and receiving.
* Ensures finished goods are properly documented for shipment.
* Stages and loads finished goods and materials in accordance with
warehouse and production planning schedule.
* Coordinates all processed scrap materials at bins and hoppers.
Bands and stores materials. Loads trucks as necessary.
* Conducts inspection of assigned equipment.
* Conducts inspection of materials used for packaging and inspects
trailers and air bags.
* Communicates to management any machine malfunctions.
* Performs record keeping duties as required under the direction of
* Communicates pertinent information.
* Performs clean-up, painting, and housekeeping duties.
* Initiates, reviews, and follows all standard operating procedures
(SOPs) for area of responsibility.
* Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the
department, the division, the group, and the company. Includes
ability to handle stress and to interact with others so as to
establish and maintain a positive and productive work environment
and minimize personal conflicts.
* Required to work assigned schedule or 12-hour shifts, rotating
days and nights, Monday through Sunday, working hours may vary as
specified by management. Incumbent must be able to work overtime on
a regular basis and/or be on call as directed by management.
* Communicates with the emergency coordinator (EC) or Environmental
Focal Point/Environmental Manager (EFP/EM) regarding environmental
* Understands and responds effectively to EC directions during
emergencies by being familiar with emergency procedures, equipment,
and systems, as necessary. Implements contingency plan to the level
required by the position.
* Understands, completes, and maintains environmental documentation
for which the individual is trained, or as directed by the EC, EFP,
or EM (i.e., inspections, labeling, record keeping, maintenance of
equipment, etc.). Reports to the EC, EFP, or EM on the status of
* Recognizes waste streams and minimizes waste generation, through
prudent use of materials, proper disposal and segregation as
directed during training or by the EC, EFP/EM. Understands and
practices proper accumulation and storage requirements for
* Complies with environmental regulations when using, dispensing,
or handling hazardous and non-hazardous materials and wastes.
Position Requirement & competencies:
* High School Diploma or education equivalent required.
* Job-related experience for 1 year minimum.
* Ability to apply standard evaluation, selection, and substantial
adaptation and modification of standard material handling
techniques, procedures, and criteria.
* Must be able to handle sensitive related and proprietary
information in a confidential manner.
* Performs such individual assignments as management may
* Must follow company policies, procedures, practices, and
standards of conduct as outlined in the Ball Corporation
* Required on-the-job and classroom training.
* Must maintain professional competence, ethical integrity,
knowledge, and skills.
* Working knowledge of the following areas: forklift maintenance
and operation; rules and regulations for handling batteries or LP
gas tanks; nomenclature of assigned equipment.
* Maintains awareness and complies with hazardous waste management
and other environmental management requirements in the workplace by
attending scheduled training sessions.
* Ability to pass an approved forklift test.
* Works in a manufacturing environment.
* This position is exposed to occupational hazards, including but
not limited to, high noise levels, physical obstacles, exposure to
* Must wear appropriate safety glasses, hearing protection,
clothing, and footwear in appropriate areas and follow safety
* Works in confined area(s).
Compensation & Benefits
* Hiring Salary Range: $21.85
* Job Grade: Hourly
* Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in
the annual incentive compensation plan.
* Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a
comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click
"Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving
fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does
not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job
application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In
person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball
Corporation ends in "@ball.com." Please also be advised that Ball
will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check
during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have
questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our
careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal
information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender
Nearest Major Market: Hampton Roads
Keywords: Ball Corporation, Newport News , Material Handler, Professions , Williamsburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!