ELECTRICAL CONTROLS ENGINEER 4
Company: Huntington Ingalls Industries
Location: Newport News
Posted on: September 20, 2022
ELECTRICAL CONTROLS ENGINEER 4Location:Newport News, Virginia,
United StatesDate: Sep 10, 2022Job DescriptionThis position is in
support of the Gerald R. Ford Class Aircraft Carrier Propulsion
Plant engineering team responsible for large, complex,
electromechanical machinery within the Propulsion Plant. Candidate
should have full knowledge and be capable of applying extensive
technical expertise to electrical and mechanical engineering
principles to develop technical solutions to complex problems for
large military application electromechanical equipment.
Responsibilities include project management, design, manufacturing
oversight, qualification testing, technical analysis, deviation
resolution, and technical leadership. Candidate should be able to
communicate effectively and clearly present technical approaches
and findings both verbally and in writing. Work is performed
without appreciable direction.Researches, develops, designs, and
tests electrical components, equipment, systems, and networks.
Designs electrical equipment, facilities, components, products, and
systems for commercial, industrial, and domestic purposes.Basic
Qualifications9 Years with Bachelors in Science; 7 Years with
Masters; 4 Years with PhD.- Newport News Shipbuilding requires a
Bachelor's Degree in engineering from an ABET accredited
- Professional knowledge of AC generators and control
- Experience working with NAVSEA, NNL, equipment suppliers, and
- Experience leading a staff of 2-4 junior engineers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Department of Defense/military products.
- Experience with end-user support and troubleshooting.
- Req ID: 19732
- Department: E70 A1B PROPULSION PLANT PLANNING YARD
- Entity: NN SHIPBUILDING (0265)
- Travel Required: Yes, up to 10% of the time
- Shift: 1st
- Relocation: Relocation assistance will be available
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Virtual/Telework Opportunity: Yes - Occasional or hybrid
- US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
- Clearance Type: No - Clearance Not Required to StartEEO
Statement:HII is an Equal Opportunity/Vets and Disabled Employer.
U.S. Citizenship may be required for certain positions.
Keywords: Huntington Ingalls Industries, Newport News , ELECTRICAL CONTROLS ENGINEER 4, Professions , Newport News, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!