ELECTRICIAN / LICENSED JOURNEYMAN
Company: Cox-Powell Corporation
Posted on: November 19, 2022
Cox-Powell Corporation, a leading Commercial Mechanical and
Electrical Contractor, has an immediate opening for an Electrician
with experience providing safe electrical systems for commercial
customers. $7,000 Signing bonus for qualified applicants About Us :
Cox-Powell Corporation is one of the largest commercial,
mechanical, and electrical contractors in the Hampton Roads region.
We proudly serve clients from local small businesses to Fortune 500
companies. For nearly 80 years, our presence is alive across
Virginia. We specialize in Mechanical Service, Industrial heating
and cooling, Special Projects, and Manufacturing. We provide an
extensive benefits package including company paid life insurance
along with various health and other benefit options.
- Knowledge of and ability to follow National Electrical Code, as
well as all state and local regulations.
- Knowledge of and ability to adhere to all company guidelines
and OSHA safety requirements. Must know the steps required for
reporting violations of policies, procedures and guidelines to
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, schematics and
- Must possess familiarity with electrical equipment and hand
- Provide guidance and instruction to junior electricians
assigned to them.
- Possess strong organizational skills.
- Possess excellent problem-solving and critical thinking
- Possess strong customer service skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the
ability to work effectively as a team member.
- Must be able to work independently. Essential Functions :
- Test electrical systems using tools that include voltmeters,
oscilloscopes and ohmmeters to determine where issues may be
occurring, the safety of the system, and to ensure
- Determine the steps necessary to access an electrical situation
using testing devices, blueprints and maps.
- Repair electrical issues by replacing or installing components,
wiring or devices.
- Document actions, testing results, observations, final
diagnosis of the situation and steps taken to resolve issues for
each job or situation.
- Answer emergency calls quickly, access the safety of the
situation upon first arriving at the scene, and provide directions
to individuals affected by the emergency to ensure their continued
safety and comfort.
- Maintain all equipment to ensure that it is in good condition
and can be operated safely; report any issues to immediate
supervisor. Education/Certifications/Experience :
- Must possess a current Virginia state license for Journeyman or
- Must have minimum 4 years experience as Journeyman/Master
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) Environment :
- Indoor and outdoor environmental conditions.
- May be required to function safely in narrow spaces. Physical
- Must possess the ability to safely use ladders, scaffolding,
platforms and lifts to work on electrical systems in residential
homes, on roadside poles and in commercial properties.
- Ability to perform physical activities including standing,
- Must possess the ability to lift up to 50 lbs. Must be able to
pass a background and substance abuse screening prior to
employment. Subject to random and post-accident substance abuse
screening. Valid driver's license and clean driving record.
- Company Sponsored Health & Dental insurance
- Optional Vision, Disability, Legal Insurance
- Life Insurance 100% company paid + option to buy more coverage
w/ no exam
- AFLAC payroll deduction plans; Hospitalization, Accident,
Cancer, Critical Care
- 401K participation with company match
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Uniforms & Annual Shoe Allowance (field personnel)
- Journeyman/Master receive Company vehicle for business use and
- Position is overtime eligible
- Employee referral bonus Cox-Powell Corporation is an equal
Keywords: Cox-Powell Corporation, Newport News , ELECTRICIAN / LICENSED JOURNEYMAN, Professions , Williamsburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!