Veterans Preferred - Membership Growth Consultant
Location: Newport News
Posted on: November 19, 2022
Military Veterans are Encouraged to Apply. - We're unique. You
should be, too.
We're changing lives every day. For both our patients and our team
members. Are you innovative and entrepreneurial minded? Is your
work ethic and ambition off the charts? Do you inspire others with
your kindness and joy?
We're different than most primary care providers. We're rapidly
expanding and we need great people to join our team.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The Membership Development Manager (MDM) is responsible for
creating and nurturing meaningful relationships with key local
communities as well as senior-focused businesses to grow membership
year-round. He/she will design and orchestrate events and develop
fun, fresh and cost-effective techniques to keep senior
participation and satisfaction high so positive word of mouth can
also help fuel membership growth.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Nurture/build/cultivate business-to-business partnerships to
gain new members year round.
- Plan, coordinate and execute local events within the community
(e.g., information sessions, health fairs, doc talks, etc.) to help
reach our target market (i.e., medically underserved,
- Cultivate strong relationships with insurance agents and case
workers to keep JenCare/Chen Neighborhood Medical Centers as their
top provider choice for senior healthcare when referring patients
to a primary care physician.
- Ensure insurance agents and/or brokers are present at all
community events to ensure timely patient assignment to
JenCare/Chen Neighborhood Medical Centers.
- Partner with community officials, businesses, senior outreach
programs in developing initiatives that will appropriately drive
new patient growth.
- Effectively communicate the JenCare/Chen Neighborhood value
proposition, at all community events.
- Drive new member growth by appropriately educating potential
patients on our value proposition and healthcare model.
- Develop new distribution channels and arrangements to support
new patient growth.
- Partner with sales leadership to improve effectiveness of
- Effectively build trusting relationships with brokers/insurance
agents/case workers/third party vendors associated with seniors.
- Deliver on established commitments.
- Develop and execute specific broker and delegated partner
strategies and plans.
- Create penetration plans and initiatives in key target
- Engage with new patients through and beyond their first
- Meet deliverables within established timeframes.
- Consistently meet expected productivity goals.
- Proficiently deliver prescribed presentation in front of large
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Relevant experience with establishing and maintaining
relationship with business/vendor partners.
- Manage vendors as it relates to event planning, negotiating
contracts with venues where events are taking place.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced work
- Detail-oriented and proficient in MS office (PowerPoint, Excel,
Word, and Outlook) and CRM tools (Salesforce).
- Effective written and verbal communication skills (e.g., pitch
letters, outbound calls, effective one-on-one meetings, group
- Ability to attract patients with a warm, gentle disposition as
it relates to our target market and their caregivers (agility to
close sales without being perceived as pushy).
- Have a positive mental attitude.
- Bilingual is a plus.
- Ability to travel locally up to 75%.
EDUCATION / SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor degree required.
- 4 plus years of successful sales experience; working with
seniors is a plus.
- 3 years of business to business experience or equivalent
We're ChenMed and we're transforming healthcare for seniors and
changing America's healthcare for the better. Family-owned and
physician-led, our unique approach allows us to improve the health
and well-being of the populations we serve. We're growing rapidly
as we seek to rescue more and more seniors from inadequate health
ChenMed is changing lives for the people we serve and the people we
hire. With great compensation, comprehensive benefits, career
development and advancement opportunities and so much more, our
employees enjoy great work-life balance and opportunities to grow.
Join our team who make a difference in people's lives every single
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business Administration or a
related field OR additional combination of formal education,
training and experience above the minimum will be considered in
lieu of the education on a year-for-year basis.
- A minimum of 2 years of successful sales experience required.
Working with seniors a plus, as is a general understanding of
- A minimum of 2 years of business-to-business experience or
equivalent management experience preferred
- Relevant sales experience with establishing and maintaining
relationship with business/vendor partners
- Experience in tele sales to input sales data into a computer
while on the telephone with a customer
- A valid Class C or D or State equivalent driver's license,
issued by the State of current employment require
Keywords: ChenMed, Newport News , Veterans Preferred - Membership Growth Consultant, Professions , Newport News, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!