Posted on: November 25, 2022
Diesel Technician FULL-TIME $32/hr, plus $2000 new hire bonus,
see details below The Diesel Technician performs all tractor and
trailer repair diagnosis and correction following standard
operating procedures (SOP s). Completes routine rebuilds and
replacements, makes best value and safety decisions to continue to
operate, repair or replace, and performs technical repairs and/or
replacement. Uses American Trucking Association (VMRS) system and
other published and internet-based manuals and check sheets. -
Following SDS training and guidelines.
- Performing proper preventive maintenance such as: lube, filters,
inspection, including truck appearance, interior and exterior, cab
related safety and security.
- Completing direct/indirect labor accountability paperwork
- Diagnosing and repairing of cab related defects
- Performing all electrical repairs.
- Perform tires inspections for tread, inflation, rotation, wear,
- Repairing exhaust related repair, DPF, DOC, EGR DEF.
- Performing emergency road calls
- Proficient brake diagnostic/repairing & replacing/adjustments
- Performing basic computer skills for company related
- May perform basic accident repairs on tractors or trailers.
- Assisting in parts inventory management
- Communicating with internal customers (i.e. other shop
associates, drivers, other maintenance shops, etc.) on things such
as wait times, reasons for repair decisions and status updates. Pay
range: A Tech- $27.00 - $32.00; B Tech - $23.00 - $28.00 ORF-04
WS-04 WS-TC Schedule Shift start: 12:00PM or 8:00AM Shift length:
128#######0 hours Benefits
- Health, dental, vision insurance - available after 60 days
- Paid time off
- 401(k) plan Qualifications
- Must pass drug screen (cannabis excluded)
- Must pass background check
- Can lift 50 lbs
- Must be at least 18+ years old - Possess an advanced set of
tools- Possess diagnostic computer skills- Basic understanding and
repair of drive train components- Basic understanding and repair of
cooling system maintenance and repair.- ASE Certification in 4
areas to include PM and brakes- Diagnostic and troubleshooting
competency relating to equipment repairs.- Successfully
demonstrated problem solving skills.- Examples of teamwork and
customer service skills, including good oral and written
communication skills.- Required/Recommended Training (Technician
Training Template)- Must be able to work outside in inclement
weather conditions- Must be able to work in environment with
excessive noise.- Must be able to stand or lie for extended periods
of time in order to repair equipment- Must be able to have flexible
movement: to reach equipment and/or parts and maneuver equipment
$2000 new hire incentiveSign On Bonus About NFI NFI is a leading
international third party logistics provider with customers ranging
from Fortune 100 companies to small businesses. We pride ourselves
on delivering completely customized supply chain solutions no
matter the industry.
Keywords: NFI, Newport News , Diesel Technician, Professions , Williamsburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!