Maintenance Shop Technician A
Company: Republic Services
Posted on: January 26, 2023
POSITION SUMMARY: With direct supervision from a Lead
Technician, Fleet Maintenance Supervisor or Maintenance Manager, a
Maintenance Technician A performs repair and maintenance work on
diesel and non-diesel equipment and trucks including, but not
limited to, chassis components; refuse bodies, including control,
hydraulic, and electrical systems; air brake systems; general
engine work; HVAC components; and suspension, drive train and
steering systems. Enjoy the benefits of working on a single fleet
with state-of-the-art equipment, supporting our drivers as they run
their routes and servicing some of the most technically advanced
vehicles on the road.
- Tackle a new challenge every day.
- Maintain and repair highly intricate and powerful
- Receive training on new technologies and equipment.
- Work a regular shift in a stable industry.
- Be recognized for exceptional performance.
- Serve your community and your customers.
- Follow strong career paths for professional growth.
- Enjoy competitive wages and benefits.
- Join us and help make a positive impact on your community, your
environment, and your world.
- Maintains advanced knowledge of, and strong skill proficiency
in, the following vehicle components and systems, with the ability
to perform complex repair maintenance functions, both on-site and
on the road.
- Chassis component repair and maintenance.
- Refuse bodies, including control, hydraulic and electrical
systems; Air and hydraulic braking systems.
- Engine repair and maintenance.
- Suspension, drivetrain and steering systems.
- Heating and air conditioning systems.
- Line maintenance welding and fabrication.
- Identifies the source of the malfunctions using a variety of
- Completes applicable Company training programs.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
- 3 years of experience as a technician working on heavy-duty
- Ability to perform inspections and repairs without supervision
in some (not all required) of the following heavy truck, or
automotive systems: Suspensions & Steering, General Engine,
Transmissions, Brakes, Electrical, Hydraulics, Drive Train, Diesel
- ASE Heavy Truck Certifications (T1-T8) are a plus but not
- LNG and/or CNG experience is a plus but not required.
- Class B or higher Commercial Driver's License is a plus but not
Keywords: Republic Services, Newport News , Maintenance Shop Technician A, Professions , Yorktown, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!