Over the Road Truck Driver
Company: Open Plan Systems
Posted on: November 15, 2023
Over the Road Truck Driver
Open Plan Systems is a leading manufacturer of quality manufactured
office products, but at a fraction of the cost of larger
manufacturers. In addition, we are also a leading distributor of
seating, storage and accessories. We are passionate about keeping
our customers satisfied by providing them with unparalleled
service, quality and savings. Open Plan Systems is located in
Richmond, Virginia; established in 2001. Our showroom, and
administration building cover 400,000 square feet and our
manufacturing center covers 10.8 acres' we continue to keep
growing! Open Plan Systems ships its products nationwide, with a
focus on the Eastern United States.
- No Touch Freight!
- Weekly Salary Pay!
- Guaranteed Weekends at Home!
- 3-5 Week days on The Road!
- Equipment less than 5 years old!
- Refrigerators, Microwaves, Inverters, and APU's in all
- Company Provided Shirts and Outerwear!
- Company Issued Cell Phones!
- Attendance Bonus Program!
- Driver of The Month Bonus Program!
- Referral Bonus Program!
- North East Route Bonus Program!
- Safety Bonus Program!
Class A Drivers Wanted - Are you an experienced professional truck
driver who values home time, great benefits, stable pay, and a
supportive team? If you answered yes to these questions, we want to
hear from you! We are looking for professional drivers to join our
team to provide on time deliveries and excellent customer
- Driver must be able to sit and ride for an extended period of
time in a tractor trailer.
- Driver must be able to report to dispatch at the time
specified, and able to maintain contact with dispatch offices as
required, as well as perform other duties and deliveries assigned
in a proper and timely fashion.
- Driver must be able to utilize all tractor equipment and
operate vehicles in forward and backwards motion, maneuver in
curves, and into tight spaces, in an efficient and safe
- Must be able to maintain precise daily records/logs for
transportation, as well as any reports that might be needed based
on these records, such as fuel reports, damage reports, DOT Logs,
and other paperwork required by the company, to be turned in as
- Driver must be able to safely walk, bend, reach, push, pull,
stoop, squat, kneel, as well as grasp, lift as high as above the
head, carry heavy objects, and handle heavy equipment as necessary
to ensure efficient operation and safety during both during the
hooking and dropping processes of tractor/trailer
- Driver must be able to follow company guidance, procedure,
rules and policies regarding acceptable conduct when dealing and
interacting with customers, supervisors, co-workers, and the
motoring public, and for the adequate performance of duties
- Driver must have the ability to identify and correct any work
related issues in a timely manner.
- Driver must maintain company transportation in working order
and promote a safe, clean, and organized environment.
- Driver must follow direct Trucking and Installation Managers
directions well as company's procedures.
- Driver will play a key role in keeping our commitment to exceed
customer expectations and ensuring customer orders are delivered
safely and on time.
- Driver must follow various state and Federal laws and
regulations, such as DOT regulations, etc.
- Driver must be a team player. Maintain a positive and
professional attitude with our customers and the team.
- Driver must report conditions that may affect the operations of
the trucks and trailers, turn in all paperwork, and take pride in
- Additional responsibilities will be assigned as required.
- Good understanding and basic knowledge of trucking
- CDL License is required
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Have a valid Class A Commercial Driver License (CDL) with at
least 2 years' experience
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be able to provide a Clean Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) &
good DAC Report, no less than a positive 2 DMV point, or a record
of a DUI speeding over 15 MPH 4 moving violations in the past 36
- Must be able to pass a drug screening and pass random
- Must be able to successfully pass a background check.
- Must have basic computer skills, ability to
communicate/comprehend company written/computerized
- Customer Service orientated ability to discuss and resolve
issues in a professional manner.
- Time management skills; strong organizational skills; an
ability to juggle multiple tasks; flexible and resourceful.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Paid time off
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Short Term Disability
- 401K Program
OPS is an equal opportunity, M/F/V/D, and affirmative action
employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring,
training, promotion or other employment practices based on race,
creed, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability,
veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other classification
protected by applicable law.
Keywords: Open Plan Systems, Newport News , Over the Road Truck Driver, Professions , Williamsburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!