Assistant Regional Maintenance Coordinator
Company: Drucker and Falk, LLC
Location: Newport News
Posted on: September 12, 2018
Company DescriptionDrucker & Falk is a performance driven real estate services and investment firm with a 75 year history of delivering optimal asset value to our clients. We specialize in third party multifamily and commercial management, brokerage, investment sponsorship, asset development and construction consultation. We manage a diverse portfolio of more than 30,000 multifamily apartments, over three million square feet of commercial space, and have brokered more than a billion dollars in commercial transactions.Job DescriptionOversees the maintenance operations of assigned territory to include but not limited to: routine maintenance, preventative maintenance, emergency response, troubleshooting, capital project planning and management, safety orientation/training, due diligence, procurement and annual compliance inspections. Essential Duties and Responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
- Working knowledge of plumbing, electrical, HVAC, pool and turn maintenance.
- Ability to troubleshoot and propose solutions to all maintenance related items that may occur on multifamily properties.
- Author necessary guidelines to present scope-of-work to contractors biding on specific work. This would include the drafting and issuing of RFP to selected contractors.
- Analyze, negotiate and make recommendations based on results of bidding process referenced above.
- Award, supervise and inspect capital projects as assigned.
- Assist team with interviewing, screening, and recommendations for any potential service manager or other on-site maintenance staff as required.
- Ability to council and or terminate maintenance employees as necessary.
- As assigned, research and evaluate current and potential products used in the maintenance and upkeep of physical assets. This may include demonstrations by vendors/contractors.
- Responsible for insuring OSHA (Occupational Safety & Health Act) standards and company safety policies are complied with at all times.
- Knowledge of Hazard Communication Program, MSDS, Lock Out/Tag Out Procedures, PPE Hazard Assessment Program, Appendix D, Eye Wash Standards, Master Gas Meter O&M Program, Lead & Asbestos O&M Program, and refrigerant record keeping standards.
- Knowledge of Operations, Maintenance and Emergency plans.
- Effectively communicate company policies to maintenance associates and enforce safety regulations.
- Ability to create Power Point presentations to train policies and procedures to large and small groups of employees.
- Monitor preventative maintenance program.
- Participate and/or lead due diligence efforts as assigned.
- Conduct annual maintenance inspections of all assets in assigned territory in a timely matter.
- Review weekly maintenance reports to ensure all assets are in compliance with organizations standards as it relates to work orders and ready unit status.
- Complete any additional tasks requested by Managing Partners, COO, CFO, Director of Multifamily Management and Maintenance Director. Candidates MUST
- Demonstrate good character.
- Present themselves in a professional manner at all times.
- Be a dedicated team player and leader.
- Self-motivated and willingness and desire to expand knowledge base.
- Work independently with minimal direct supervision.
- Be available after hours and on weekends in the event of emergencies.
- Willingness to travel throughout region as necessary.
- Have a good driving record and reliable transportation.
- Willingness to participate in functions relating to company events and apartment industry such as industry events.
- Suggest plans to motivate associates to achieve goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned. QualificationsEducation and/or Experience College Degree; or 10+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations Heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) certification is strongly suggested for this position. Current driver's license, CFC Certificate (Where Needed) Knowledge of OSHA regulations, MSDS standards Travel Overnight travel will be required on occasion and may include out of state trips. Flying will be required in these instances wherein driving is not cost effective and/or practical. Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and climb or balance. The employee is frequently required to sit; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and on occasion, move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Please submit resume with salary requirements EOE/Drug Free WorkplaceAdditional InformationPosition offers outstanding growth potential, paid sick leave, vacation and holidays, health, dental, life insurance, and 401K participation. Equal Opportunity Employer. Drug-Free Workplace.
Keywords: Drucker and Falk, LLC, Newport News , Assistant Regional Maintenance Coordinator, Professions , Newport News, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!