Supply Chain Analyst
Location: Newport News
Posted on: October 9, 2018
Canon Virginia, Inc. located in Newport News, Virginia is a global manufacturer for Canon's office and consumer products.???? Our innovative and efficient production methods along with our environmental commitment make us a leading global manufacturer.???? Since opening our doors in 1985, Canon Virginia has provided world class manufacturing services.
It is the policy of Canon Virginia, Inc. (CVI) to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, creed, color, age, sex, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, national origin, or physical/mental disability except where there is a bona fide occupational qualification. This policy relates to all phases of recruitment, employment, compensation, benefits administration and participation in company sponsored employee activities. This includes hiring, promotions, demotions, transfers, layoffs, recall, training and terminations. ??Employment practices will conform to all federal, state and local laws on non-discrimination.
Strategically plans, designs, and implements efficient business, financial, and operational systems in support of all supply chain functions. Educates and trains members in all aspects of supply chain including planning principles and Oracle and ASCP functionality. Manages and leads projects in support of supply chain improvements.
- Develops appropriate supply chain processes for new and existing businesses; regularly reviews, analyzes and evaluates these processes to ensure accuracy and reflect sound principles.
- Develops and maintains supply chain KPI's to monitor performance and support continuous improvement; coordinates with appropriate divisions to report and track established KPI's.
- Performs analysis when KPI's fall outside of acceptable tolerances to determine root cause and/or identify unfavorable trends that require attention. Establishes strategic plan and program development within the supply chain. Develops production and sales strategies to meet market and/or customer demands. Creates CVI's inventory strategy based on market trends, facility/operation constraints and customer requirements.
- Develops training plans and system improvements utilizing advance skill in Oracle Manufacturing and Planning functions to ensure efficient and effective production control processes.
- Complies documentation of processes and subsequent revisions; prepares technical reports, instructional manuals and/or business flows relative to the enhancement of the supply chain group; train end users. Establishes and oversees long-term capacity plans for resources: machine, manpower, fixtures, facilities, etc.
- Maintains a complete understanding of the status of each business at all times; assists executional departments with implementing methods to minimize risk, problem solving and advising of appropriate escalation paths. Delivers presentations and project updates and/or improvements to stakeholders and management, to include top executives.
- Responsible for the initial creation of roles and responsibilities for the Corporate PC department; gains consensus with other departments regarding those Corporate PC roles and responsibilities.
- May be assigned additional duties and/or special projects.
- Any combination of education and experience to a Bachelor's Degree and 5-8 years' experience in Supply Chain activities.
- APICS certification or other supply chain certification preferred.
- Demonstrates advanced skills in Oracle Manufacturing and Advanced Planning Systems or similar system required.
- Ability to coordinate and manage multiple projects and implement continuous improvement activities.
- Advanced computer skills and experience with Excel, inventory systems and graphics applications. Strong leadership and analytical skills.
- Employs strong presentational, written, interpersonal and hands-on leadership skills.
- May have to work overtime and may be assigned to other shifts based on company needs.
Keywords: Canon, Newport News , Supply Chain Analyst, Professions , Newport News, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!