Vice President of Sales & Service
Location: Newport News
Posted on: November 18, 2021
The Vice President of Sales and Service provides strategic
oversight and leadership for the Branches, Contact Center and
Digital Hubs of Langley. The VP develops and implements initiatives
that position Langley as a leader among other credit unions and
financial institutions. The Vice President of Sales and Service
oversees financial results and continued relevance of Branch
Services including products, programs, service, sales, and
Essential Functions, Duties, and Responsibilities:
- Provides strategic oversight and input to include:
- Sales and Service (Training, Execution, Accountability and
- Innovation & Technology (delivery of systems, services,
applications, and processes)
- Market (Member Needs, Competition, Trends,
- Economic Environment (Trends, Forecast, Impact)
- Legislative/Regulatory Environment (Pending Issues,
- Culture Development (The Langley ExperienceProgress, Issues,
- Strategic Growth Goals (as identified in annual Success Sharing
- Financial Performance (ROA, Net Worth, Loan-to-Share,
Delinquency, Net Charge-off)
- Directs, plans, and implements strategies to achieve assigned
yearly Strategic Goals.
- Directs, plans, and implements policies, objectives, and
activities to ensure successful continuing business operations, to
maximize returns on investments, and to increase
- Continually analyzes the credit union's products and delivery
systems and makes recommendations for enhancement.
- Monitors adherence to sound operational practices and
administration policies and procedures.
- Analyzes operations to evaluate performance of Langley and
staff in meeting objectives to determine areas of potential cost
reduction, program improvement, or policy change.
- Prepares budgets including funding and implementation of
- Negotiates contracts and agreements with vendors and other
- Reviews reports submitted by staff members to recommend
approval or suggest changes.
- Establishes strategic objectives and specifies strategies and
actions to achieve them.
- Directs development and growth of department staff and provides
oversight for recruiting efforts.
- Leads and supports special projects.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or related field
or ten years of experience at a senior level in Branch Operations
- Five years of management experience at a senior level; or
equivalent combination of working experience/training
- Five years of management experience leading a Call Center
- Five years of management experience leading multiple locations
for retail sales with a customer experience focus preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Langley, Newport News , Vice President of Sales & Service, Sales , Newport News, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!