Company: J.B. Hunt Transport Services, Inc.
Posted on: June 21, 2022
Under general supervision, this position is responsible for adding
prospects to their portfolio, acquiring new customers, and
maintaining and growing relationships with pre-existing customers.
This is accomplished through various techniques such as
cold-calling, prospecting, and conducting discovery calls. This
position focuses on defining the opportunity strategy to sell J.B.
Hunt services to the customer and establishing and growing their
book of business.
- Conduct lead generation activities for new and incremental
business, including cold calling, networking and other opportunity
- Meet with customers and prospective customers to discuss viable
opportunities in an effort to understand their business needs,
identify scope, submit a proposal, finalize the contract and win
- Coordinate with internal teams and the customer to implement the
customer's solution, including participation in kick-off and
understanding contractual obligations to facilitate customer
- Perform various activities related to Opportunity Management and
monitoring the health of the account which includes, but is not
limited to, Customer KPI review, revenue quality monitoring,
watching for additional opportunities, contract and pay terms
review to ensure adherence to agreement.
- Visit prospective and existing customers at their corporate
headquarters or other sites as needed. Requires ability to travel
to customer sites to meet customer needs.
- Document all sales activities in CRM to ensure adherence to
policy and process.
- Develop sales proposals and present pricing information to
- High School Diploma/GED with 3-4 years of
transportation/logistics, or relevant sales experience.
- Must possess a valid driver's license with a clean motor vehicle
record as per JBH standards.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration/Management, Supply
Chain Management, Logistics Management, Communication, or related
- 3-4 years working in transportation/logistics, sales, or other
**KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:**
- Ability and willingness to seek out work and the drive to
- Ability to analyze customer activities, profiles and
- Ability to develop sales plans that are future-oriented, support
business strategy and reflect understanding of emerging, as well as
existing, opportunities and markets.
- Ability to establish and maintain healthy working relationships
with clients, vendors, and peers.
- Demonstrated ability to manage internal relationships and
- Experience translating data into meaningful insights to close
business and build credibility.
- Knowledge of the activities and responsibilities involved in
selling a product or service.
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications and programs.
- Understanding of the importance of meeting or exceeding
established targets and ability to drive critical activities to
- Bachelors: Business Administration/Management, Bachelors:
Business Communications, Bachelors: Logistics Management,
Bachelors: Supply Chain Management, GED (Required), High School
- Customer Service/Account Manager, Marketing, Sales,
**JOB OPENING ID:**
- 00453618 Sales Executive (Open)
This job description has been designed to indicate the general
nature and level of work performed by employees within this
classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as
a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and
qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Keywords: J.B. Hunt Transport Services, Inc., Newport News , Sales Executive, Sales , Williamsburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!